Saturday, January 5

Gameland: Deep Into the Game by S. W. Tanpepper

Title: Gameland: Deep Into the Game Episode 1
Author: S.W. Tanpepper
Pages: 116
Published:  Brinestone Press 2012

On the Back~

Breaking in was easy...

In the center of Long Island's zombie wasteland, overseen by a megalithic corporation known as Arc Properties, is a virtual reality gaming arcade:

GAMELAND

It's here that the rich pit the Undead against each other in a high stakes game of violence, money and power, all for the entertainment of the masses.

On a whim, six young computer hackers decide to sneak onto the island, hopeful of catching a glimpse of the uncontrolled Infecteds, victims of the outbreak there a decade earlier.  But while breaking in is easier than any of them could have ever imagined, getting back out turns into one hell of a killer.

So, What did I think?

Ok.  I have to say that I was very skeptical about reading this book.  I have never really been a big zombie reader.  I don't even watch zombie shows like The Walking Dead.  But I won this book and thought I would give it a shot.  The concept behind it seems really fascinating to me.  The author has written each book as an episode you might watch on television.  So that was one thing that drew me in to reading this book.  The other is the fact that when I read the description, it sounded to me like a book sort of like the Hunger Games meets zombies.  These super genius computer geeks have a knack for hacking into things and they get this idea to break into the game-set on Long Island just to test their greatness.  That's when they figure out that breaking in is the easy part.  Once the zombies start chasing them and they try to escape the same way they got in, things don't seems so easy anymore.  

After reading this first episode, I am kind of hooked!  It's addictive like a soap opera.  I just have to find out if they make it out or who dies.  So, yes, I am rethinking my opinion on zombies and even thinking about starting the Walking Dead.  After all, how will I learn how to defend myself when the Zombie Apocalypse begins?  

So if you are skeptic about zombies, fight through it and try reading Gameland one episode at a time.  I, on the other hand, have purchased all 8 episodes on Amazon and will be reading them pretty soon, so that I can find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment