Sunday, November 4

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Volume 2 of the Mara Dyer trilogy)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Pages: 527
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 2012

Link Up with Michelle Hodkin~
Blog: http://www.michellehodkin.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaraDyer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/michellehodkin
Goodreads: Michelle Hodkin, Author

From the Book Cover ~

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can't.

She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren't.

She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.  She's wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly.

What will become of Mara Dyer next?





There are no words to describe the emotions this book put me through.  It was a roller coaster ride from beginning to end.  And believe me, by the end, this is one ride you want to get off.  I'm not going to reveal any secrets, but lets just say the twists and turns Mara and Noah take will leave you biting your nails to short little nubs and saying "Oh my gosh" until the last period.  

Secrets are uncovered.  Lies are revealed.  More questions arise, and yet no answers to previous questions are given.  It's almost frustrating by the end.  And where did the flashbacks from the past come from?  Who is Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw?  For that matter, who are Stella, James, and Jude?  Is anybody who we think they are?  What's real? and what's not?

I don't believe I have ever read a more suspenseful book than this.  Like I said, there are no words that can describe it, you just have to experience it for yourself.  Good luck.

Best Line Ever: "If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them.  If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one." ~ Noah Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment