Tuesday, September 25

Airel (The Airel Sage Book 1) by Aaron Patterson

Author:  Aaron Patterson and Chris White
Narrated by Phil Gigante
Length:  11 hours
Purchased on Audible

Goodreads Review ~

All Airel ever wanted was to be normal, to disappear into the crowd. But bloodlines can produce surprises, like an incredible ability to heal. Then there’s Michael Alexander, the new guy in school, who is impossibly gorgeous…and captivated by her. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she can hear the sound of pages turning, and another, older story being written. It is the story of an ancient family, of great warriors, of the Sword of Light, and the struggle against an evil so terrible, so far-reaching, that it threatens everything. Airel knew change would be an inevitable part of life. But can she hold on when murder and darkness begin to close in and take away everything she loves? Will she have what it takes when the truth is finally revealed?

My Thoughts ~

This book may have been better if I hadn't listened to it.  For me, it was very hard to keep up with because it jumped from present time all the way back to B.C. time.  That's a huge jump in time and it made it hard to believe that something with such a generational gap could exist.  I couldn't keep up because one minute you would be listening to chapter 8 and the next you would be listening to chapter 3.  That is why I say it may have been better to have actually read a paper copy.

As for the story line, the character relationships were hard to make out and I couldn't get a grasp on them.  The love relationship between her and Michael was extremely fast and cheesy.  The narrator made Michael sound silly. The idea behind the story was a good idea if it was only executed better.  I feel, however, that everyone should read and decide for themselves if this book is right for them. 

Overall, I really did not enjoy this book.  If you have read it and think that I should read it in book form please let me know.  I really thought I would enjoy this book.  To read more about Aaron Patterson visit his website.  Aaron is also doing a FAN FICTION Contest for the Airel Saga, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment